- 5 large shallots (½ lb.), peeled and sliced into thin rings
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 3 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 cup toasted chopped walnuts (½ lb.)
Directions1. To make Shallot Crisps: Spread shallot rings on paper towel, sprinkle with salt, and cover with another paper towel. Let stand 10 minutes. Blot excess moisture from shallots.
2. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, and fry
2 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. Pour shallots and oil through fine mesh strainer, or remove shallots with slotted spoon. Spread shallots on paper towels to drain and cool. Discard oil. Store shallots in jar, if desired.
4. To make Green Beans: Cook beans
in large pot of boiling salted water 5 to 8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Whisk together vinegar, mustard, oil, and maple syrup in serving bowl. Add green beans, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Shallot Crisps and chopped walnuts, and serve.