Serve this slow cooker roast with mashed potatoes and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, if desired.
8 servings (serving size: about 4 ounces turkey and about 1/3 cup onion mixture)
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning mix (such as McCormick's) OR 1 teaspoon You Have Arrived 2009 Autumnal Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-pound) boneless turkey breast, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Combine first 9 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup broth and flour in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add broth mixture to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes. Cut turkey into slices.
- Calories: 368 (26% from fat)
- Fat: 10.7g (sat 2.2g,mono 5.6g,poly 2g)
- Protein: 55.3g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 159mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 527mg
- Calcium: 44mg