LAWLS Bookstore

Friday, January 11, 2013

5DPT January Bulletin







5 Day Pouch Test January Bulletin
A Well-Reasoned Clinical Approach to Obesity Management

Happy New Year! Thank you for joining me for our first 5 Day Pouch Test Bulletin of 2013. I do hope your holidays were meaningful and inspired. And perhaps you are feeling a sense of excitement as we start this new year. I certainly am happy to start fresh in 2013 and have my sights set on dedicating myself to healthy behaviors and living well. Over the holidays I found myself managing my diet and health more emotionally than clinically or medically. By that I mean eating to feel happy and celebrate (when I wasn't hungry) and eating for comfort during times of stress (when I wasn't hungry). I ignored the reality that food is fuel and providing my body the correct food at the right time is the appropriate way to manage my medical condition of obesity. It seems insane that I re-learn this lesson every holiday season!

But here we are, a fresh new start. Most WLS patients recall very well the research we did prior to surgery, the questions and answers, and the learning. As a group we are above average knowledge seekers. So it stands to reason that along the way, well after surgery, we again turn to education and learning in support of our weight loss goals. Today let's look at managing our obesity from a clinical approach rather than an emotional reaction. The medical community officially recognizes obesity as a disease. So its time we start doing the same. When we treat obesity as a disease rather than a personal moral failure or emotional weakness we can rationally take the action which brings forth favorable results.

I wish you the very best of health this New Year! You have the power to make this your healthiest year ever - Let's do it together!

CHEERS!
Kaye


Read Bulletin

No comments: