LAWLS Bookstore

Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot Off the Press!

Kaye Bailey, Platinum Author

Apples and Exercise Promote Body Fat Loss After Weight Loss Surgery
For some exercise enthusiasts carbo-loading is key to supplying the body with adequate energy for extreme workout sessions. But for the rest of us the simple apple may be the best carbo-loading secret around when it comes to supplying the body with energy before a workout. Read More

Three Keys to Lasting Weight Loss Surgery Success
Nearly a quarter-million people in the United States will undergo weight loss surgery this year to arrest their morbid obesity and lose weight. In spite of the drastic nature of gastric surgeries not all patients will reach a healthy weight and some may eventually regain weight they lost initially with surgery. Bariatric surgeries help arrest the disease by reducing the amount of calories a person may eat, but the surgery does not remove the disease. With patient compliance weight is lost and obesity can be put in remission.
Read more

Dietary Sensibility Prevails Even With Weight Loss Surgery
Even though the standard for pre-surgical education has been elevated for bariatric patients seeking treatment for obesity with weight loss surgery a certain silliness prevails among both patients and the public suggesting surgery is the easy way to lose weight and lifestyle changes are not necessary to affect weight loss. The notion that simply eating less of the things we were eating at the height of our obesity as a means to losing weight is absurd. Read more

Weight Loss Surgery, Vegetarians and High Protein Diet - Putting it All Together
Vegetarians who are suffering from morbid obesity and undergo weight loss surgery for the treatment of obesity are challenged to follow the weight loss surgery high protein diet when they do not partake of red meat, poultry, fish, or seafood. The first rule of a bariatric diet is to eat protein first: at least 60 percent of dietary intake should be protein. Low glycemic carbohydrates and healthy fat provide the remaining 40 percent dietary intake. Read more

No comments: