LAWLS Bookstore

Monday, August 15, 2011

Neighborhood Trivia: Talking About Arrivals

Here is a little piece of trivia from our LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood:

Originally Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:23 PM 

I am often asked about the name of our "You Have Arrived" newsletters and the references to them in our LivingAfterWLS lingo such as "Arrival Date" and "Arrivalversary". For me weight loss surgery made possible a life I never thought would be possible or could even comprehend. For most of my life I was looking behind at the past or looking forward to the future. After weight loss surgery I began learning to live in the moment: I had arrived. Others shared this similar sentiment and seemed natural to name our newsletter You Have Arrived. The motto of our newsletter is this:




Whatever else you have on your mind,
Wherever else you think you're going,
Stop for a moment and look where you are:
You Have Arrived.

This sentiment is important throughout our weight loss surgery journey, and indeed, the journey of our life. All too often we are caught up in the destination or caught up in the departure that we forget that the moment is now. Now is everything. So I ask you today, and every day, Stop for a moment and look where you are: You Have Arrived.


Arrival or Arrival Date: The date of weight loss surgery

Arrivalversary: The anniversaries of your weight loss surgery


LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood 

No comments: