LAWLS Bookstore

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

5 Day Pouch Test October Bulletin

The 5 Day Pouch Test: Express Study Guide

The October 2014 5 Day Pouch Test Bulletin is out! Check your email Inbox or take a look at the entire newsletter in our online archive:  5DPT October
"The most important thing I ask you to remember is that hunger is not a personal failure. It is cliche in the WLS world to say "they operated on my stomach, not my head" as an explanation for the frustrations of hunger after surgery. Some days there simply is no way to explain it - and I say that with some experience having just marked my 15th year since surgery." ~ Kaye Bailey 5 Day Pouch Test Bulletin



For several years now I have been saying and writing that hunger is not an emergency. I came to this conclusion after reading "Most of us who struggle with extra pounds tend to view hunger as a condition that needs to be cured - and fast!" in Judith Beck's Beck Diet Solution. She goes on to say, "If you fear hunger, you might routinely overeat and avoid it. Thin people tolerate hunger because they know hunger pangs always come and go, buying them some time." On most days I understand that hunger pangs come and go and feeding is not an urgent matter of life or death. But occasionally on those more cynical days I think, "Sure hunger is not an emergency for the normal people who can eat a full meal, but what about poor me and my little pouch?" Have you been there?  Link to continue reading


Link to the complete Bulletin

Hot topics include:
Beating Head Hunger
Strategies to deal with Food Pushers
Trending Questions
Pumpkin Soup Recipes & Baked Parmesan Crisps

Check it out now!



No comments: