LAWLS Bookstore

Sunday, October 09, 2005

10/10: Monday Message from Kaye

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are doing well and LivingAfterWLS! We have three community members “Arriving” this week – please send warm thoughts to Debra, Sherry and Andy: each will have WLS this week. In addition, a warm welcome to Angie – she joined our community today and just had her surgery last week. We are glad to have all of you here.

Special “Hello Mom”


It is a great honor for me to send a special warm welcome to my mom, Janet, who is new to the community. My mom is in the “investigating” stage of surgery and no matter what her weight loss choice I love her for exactly who she is. I am glad to have her in the LivingAfterWLS community.

Quarterly Personal Self-Assessment


Today the LivingAfterWLS subscribers received the first ever "LivingAfterWLS Quarterly Personal Self-Assessment" worksheet. This is a new tool devised to bring accountability and path-forward action to our lives LivingAfterWLS. I hope you find it an effective resource in making the most of your WLS. I know I’m looking forward to a clear path forward in meeting my WLS goals.

Subscription Form

Future Topic: Sex, Obesity & WLS


In the recent reader survey a great and oft-ignored topic was addressed by one of our readers. In answer to the question what topics would you like to see at LAWLS she responded, "Do I dare say "sex"? One of my personal points is that weight gain has altered the physical relationship with my husband. He swears it isn't because I'm heavier, but face it, stuff doesn't fit together quite as efficiently as it did when we were both leaner. The reality is, if having the surgery doesn't improve intimacy with my husband, will it lead to more separation? What have WLS post-ops come to learn about this part of their lives? Did feeling better about yourself make you receive so much attention as to be flirting or tempted to? I hear of some marriages failing because of jealousy by the husband after his wife becomes more appealing to others."

This is a great topic I am excited to address, but I need your input. Please drop me an email me with your experience. Your privacy will be protected. Write to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to have you here Janet. Me and my Mom are members and love the Living After WLS sight and Kaye. My Mom had surgery and I am tyring to help her and understand her issues. You will love it here.

Good luck to all the new ones having surgery.

Your friend,
Rose Green