This is last week of January - Have you found your New Year's Resolutions dimming already? I know I need a little boost of encouragement today so I found this article by Cookie Tuminello (pictured below), a Personal Power Mentor at Success Source. In a fundamentally basic way she provides us eight can-do strategies for finding success in 2009. Some of them are quite applicable to us as weight loss surgery post-ops as we tend to carry the "people pleasing" gene. I know you will enjoy this article as much as I did.
Get Geared Up For Success in 2009
"Success is waking up in the morning, whoever you are, wherever you are, however old or young, and bounding out of bed because there's something out there you love to do, that you believe in, that you're good at - something that's bigger than you are, and you can hardly wait to get at it again today." - Whit HobbsAre you ready to kick butt this year? Did you jump out of bed this morning ready to go? If you are like most women, you drag yourself out of bed in the morning with a 'ho hum' kind of attitude. And then you wonder why you are not as successful as you think you should be. Newsflash for you. If this sounds like you then you'd better 'Wake up, Alice' because this ain't living and this ain't success. It is sleep walking through your life. It is being resigned to your life. Yuck, who wants to live life like that?
Success is an inside job. If you're not excited and ambitious about where you are and what you're doing in your life, then do something about it - change it.
Now granted, for those of you that know me or have been reading my ezine for awhile know that I don't literally jump out of my bed in the morning. I ease into my day with my quiet time and my coffee. My head is always racing with ideas and things to do so I do some writing (journaling) and read a mediation to clear my head and get myself mentally ready for my day. There is a method to my madness.Bottom line! If what you're doing right now is not getting you closer to your goal, then you need to stop doing it and start doing something else that will work.
Here are 8 Success Strategies that I use to coach other women who want create quantum leaps in their businesses and their lives.Now, I know you are probably saying to yourself right now, I've heard all this before. If you know them, use them and are receiving results, read no further. However, if you are not getting the results you want in your business, I think you would be well served to revisit them and take action.
1. DEFINE what success means to you. You can't go there if you don't know where you're going. Could it be more time off to enjoy your successes, more money, more productivity, more fun, more choice. You name it. It's your career and your life. Write it down, make it real. Read "Write It Down Make It Happen" by Henriette Klauser.2. Use your Core Values to make all your decisions. How many of you know what your core values are? Core values are who we are. They are not who we think we are, who you want to be, or who we think we should be. An example: How many of your current choices reflect your core values? How many are should's and how many are choices.
3. Begin to set boundaries, say No. How many of you have a hard time saying No to everybody else but YOU? Example: How many of you think that just because you have an open door policy in your office that means you have to always be available? How many of you think that you can't say NO because you won't be liked?
4. Ask for what you want. How many of you have a hard time asking for what you want? Your success is tied to your ability to make effective requests, promises, and offers. Example: Request/ Components of Request: Speaker, Listener, Action to be performed, and Time Frame to perform action.
5. Say what you mean and mean what you say. How many of you dance around a subject because you're afraid the result it would produce?6. Master the art of presenting ideas and handling difficult conversations. There are guidelines. Most people get blindsided and don't get what they want because they don't clear about what it is that they want before having conversations. Example: Promotion, Management Idea, Breakdown with Employee.
7. Plan to succeed daily. How many of you start your day off in a dead heat run and before you get to the office you're already fried only to be met with one breakdown after another? Planning to succeed insures your success. Example: Every morning I start my day with an Intention Statement.8. Carve out "YOU" time regularly. How many of you schedule You time? How many of you don't even ask for some time for yourself? If you want You time, you will have to plan for it to happen. If you don't take time out for yourself, you become resentful and resigned. If you have trouble asking for time off, start small. Example: Put a 'Do Not Disturb Sign' on bathroom door and pamper yourself with a long hot bath (at least 30 minutes). Doesn't sound like a big deal, but if you never do it, it is a really big deal.
Do yourself a favor this year. Start off on the right foot, with the right strategies and the right mindset so you can get the most out of your time and expertise.
Sign up to receive my FREE Report, '50 Ways to Take Back Your Power Right NOW', my FREE ezine 'Monday Morning Coffee with Cookie', at http://www.SuccessSource.biz all brought to you by Cookie Tuminello, Your Personal Power Mentor!
Visit People Pleaser No More today to get your copy and check out my "People Pleaser No More™" program.