LAWLS Bookstore

Monday, June 22, 2009

5 Day Pouch Test Starts Today!

Greetings Neighbors & Happy First Monday of Summer to you!

After many consecutive days of rain the sun is finally shining and it does seem Summer has arrived. So for me it is the perfect time to refresh and restart. I'm doing the 5 Day Pouch Test in part to test some new recipes, but also to give myself a clean start to summer eating and grilling season. Today started with a protein shake (Atkins Advantage Vanilla Shake blended with 1/4 cup frozen raspberries). I've had coffee and lots of water. My friend Evelyn is joining me this week and you can follow us on my Facebook page as well as in the Neighborhood and in this blog. I'd love to hear from you if you are also doing the 5DPT this week.

In conjunction with the 5DPT I am beginning my 8 week walking program as outlined in our newest publication: Walk Your Way to Fitness (You can link here to buy it in our LivingAfterWLS General Store.) This handy pocket-sized walking guide is full of helpful information that has me inspired to pursue a more formal walking plan. For those who have been sedentary the plan is quite easy to follow with only three 15-minute walks the first week. Following the program you gradually work up to 30 minutes of walking for 6 days a week during week 8. Quoting from Page 3 of this handy guide,

"This program is designed to help you effectively integrate a beneficial walking program into your life. On it, you will gradually increase the number of days you walk per week, beginning with only 15 minutes three times the first week. Then you will increase the number of minutes you walk each session until you reach your goal of 30-60 minutes per day. Walking at least 30 minutes is needed to gain health benefits. If weight loss is one of your goals, you may need to walk at least 60 minutes daily. Log your progress in this book. Logging helps you stay motivated to reach your goals."
I know it seems like a little thing to be excited about having this little walking guide to keep me motivated and accountable. But the longer we continue in our pursuit of healthy living with weight loss surgery the longer we need to seek new motivation, no matter how simple, to keep us fresh and inspired.

Look for the Walk You Way to Fitness Guide & Daily Log under Publications in our store.

No comments: