LAWLS Bookstore

Sunday, March 13, 2005

What do you eat?

One of the things I'm most often asked: "What do you eat?" I don't give the classic "I eat whatever I want, just less of it" WLS answer. That simply wouldn't be the truth.

For lunch and breakfast I generally eat the same bland, safe things: hard cooked eggs, cottage cheese, sugar free jello and drained canned tuna. My dinner meals are 50% protein with chicken and fish being staples and beef an occasional protein. The rest of the meal is usually steamed vegetables, or a palatable starch such as 1 tablespoon of rice or pasta, or 1/4 piece of whole grain toast. I also drink a 6 ounce glass of red wine with dinner on most nights. Occasionally I have 2 tablespoons of berries (from the frozen foods section) for a dessert.

For the sake of answering this question better I'm starting a food diary on this site. Each day you can click the link and see what I've had -- and I promise to be truthful. If I eat a forbidden food or have a snack I'll include it. If I react badly (dumping, vomiting) I'll note that too.

As always, send me your feedback and best wishes for Living After WLS.

No comments: