LAWLS Bookstore

Friday, June 03, 2005

Glowing in LivingAfterWLS Reader Comments

In May we welcomed many new visitors and subscribers to the Living After WLS community. Many of you took time to send emails or leave comments about the site and it sure boosted my spirits to know someone out there was reading about this topic so near and dear to me. It is reassuring to know so many people are trying so hard to do their best Living After WLS.

Here are some reader’s comments that touched me:

On May 22, 2005 Chris wrote, “I have been searching all over the internet for something like this! Thank you!"

On May 29, 2005 Susan wrote, ”It is just barely over 6 months since I had my Gastric Bypass Surgery. Everyday I wake up and thank God for this gift and every day I swear to myself that I will never abuse it because I will never forget how I felt both physically and mentally before and now after. Ever since day one after my surgery I have felt like I got a second chance at living my life the right way and that is what I am doing. I have lost 114 lb. and when I look in the mirror, sometimes I can hardly believe it is me - I almost don't recognize myself! But it is a brand new, healthy person who now takes control and responsibility of what is put in this body. The surgery has made all the difference - I couldn't do it without it. I am looking forward to all the information I can find now on how to live this out successfully for the REST of my life.”

On May 30, 2005 Cindy wrote, “Your site is refreshingly honest and down to earth.”

On May 12, 2005 Pam wrote, “I'm grateful to find your website. On January 19, 2005 I had lap Band surgery. I have been very successful to date with a loss of 25 pounds. Recently I've realized that my "affair" with food is attempting to regain my attention. I'm doing everything possible to give that "infant" tummy the same attention today that I did the first 10 weeks. Finding your story has reminded me of my intentions and has helped me come back to reality. I finally have my body on my side and I want my mind to follow!”

Thanks for stopping by LivingAfterWLS. I appreciate your support and encouragement as this site grows into a caring and compassionate support community.

Kindly yours,
Kaye

No comments: