LAWLS Bookstore

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Community Members Review Film
"What's So Funny?"

Not long ago I reviewed the film “What’s So Funny? A transformation of epic proportions.” It is the biographical journey of Jessica Fisher who was a successful stand up comic who at the young age of 23 looked obesity square in the face and laughed on stage in New York City. She captured audiences with her self-deprecating fat humor.

I routed the film to three of our community members to watch and review and this is what they had to say:

“I enjoyed viewing her story. My favorite part was seeing how much her dad loves her. You could just see it in his face. Such a special thing!” Kim Stover, Golden State Contributor to LivingAfterWLS.

“Very insightful and a “peek” ahead.” Maxine, mother of Elizabeth who had WLS in May this year.

“OMG!!! So much of her story parallels my own. How her big dream was all she lived for. But since her surgery her goals have changed.” Diane Shields, frequent contributor to LivingAfterWLS.

You can order this DVD from Amazon. If you’ve seen it we’d love to hear what you thought! Post your comment.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I encourage each and everyone of ya'll to find this DVD. It is very informative. I saw myself in alot that she went through. I went through alot of emotions while watching it. I just thank Kaye for allowing me the opportunity to see it.