LAWLS Bookstore

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cooking with Kaye: Inspired Irish Recipes

Cooking with Kaye - Live online today in our archive:

Inspired Irish Recipes
For St. Patrick's Day and Beyond
8 Recipes - Great family meals


March 14, 2012
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This week many of us will serve up a traditional classic corned beef and cabbage dinner in what has become a great Irish-American tradition. Corned beef seems to be one of those foods you either love or your hate; not many fence sitters on this one. After weight loss surgery if we have developed a salt sensitivity corned beef does not always sit well with us and cooked cabbage can cause gastric distress for us. The key is to enjoy small portions and remain hydrated before and after a traditional corned beef dinner. For me, a life-long lover of corned beef, I now find greater enjoyment in using the leftover corned beef to play a smaller role in reinvented main dishes. Today I share my classic corned beef dinner with you along with some make-over dishes that I think you will enjoy. And for dessert be sure and try my festive Shamrock Meringue Kisses - Guilt Free & Delicious!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! And may the luck of the Irish be with you!

Thanks for cooking with me!
Kaye Bailey

Link to full newsletter

No comments: