LAWLS Bookstore

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

LAWLS Holiday Greetings From Barbara, Maxine and Gale


Greetings of All Kinds From Barbara



Greetings of all kinds to all LivingAfterWLS readers! Whatever holiday we celebrate at this time of year, we share a global wish in common for happiness, joy, peace, and prosperity.

We are fortunate indeed to have our LivingAfterWLS community to support each of us in our personal quest for comfort and joy, especially during this season when making merry involves more food and drink than anyone "needs."

My deepest thanks to Kaye Bailey for sharing her experience and for putting this good company together for all of us.

Merry Christmas!


Barbara Tibbetts
Union, Maine
3 years and 155 pounds lighter after WLS

(A note about Barbara - She is my "go-to" expert on nutriton and medical questions. She always provides complete information for me to pass along to you - Thanks Barbara!)



Maxine's Holiday Greetings



Sending holiday greetings to my special "K" and all the people who have contributed to the newsletter and blog. This is a picture of my "baby" who had wls June 2005. As her mom I cannot begin to tell you what a joy it is to see this beautiful smile on this beautiful girl of mines' face. I have learned so much from you all and what you have shared in your stories from the heart, mind and soul.

May this holiday season be full of much love, joy and pride, and a happy, healthy New Years to all!!!

Maxine (:


Merry Christmas From Gale


Merry Christmas to all my friends on this journey of WLS. I may not know any of you personally but we have so much in common. This road we have taken is not always easy during the holidays.

I love the holidays the lights the presents the crowds and the parties. I am a strong Christian and love to express my love for Christ during this time. This is my first Christmas with WLS. I am usually a huge baker during this time and I had decided not to do as much but wouldn't you know it my husbands family decides to spend Christmas with us here this year. They will all be coming expecting the works. So I have decided to do enough to please them and not stuff them. They all know of my surgery and have been supportive. So far my pleasure from my surgery out weighs any thoughts of being left out. I went to the Mall the other day and got into a size 8 I felt like jumping for joy. I don't remember ever eating a piece of fudge and wanting to jump for joy. I love my life and look forward to many more Holidays. I wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas.

God Bless and Keep you safe
Your friend Gale

No comments: