LAWLS Bookstore

Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday in the LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood


Hello Neighbors!

I hope you had a fine weekend and were able to do some serious LIVING! Our weather here in Wyoming has turned quite lovely after such a long LONG winter. It was nice to enjoy lots of sunshine and outdoors this last weekend. Here is a look at a tiny corner of my perennial garden. In another few weeks the perennials will emerge carpeting the earth in green, I can hardly wait!

Like many of you, I am continuing my course to take control of regained pounds. The pounds are coming off slowly, but consistently: I'm down 4 pounds with 13 to go. Sticking with the Four Rules and watching the liquid restrictions (no water 30 minutes before or after meals, no drinking with meals) is helping me to feel my pouch again. And believe it or not, I am really enjoying my exercise again, particularly walking.

Are you starting this week with new resolve to work your pouch? Jane in the LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood offers some great advice and encouragement in this topic: 5 Day Pouch Test May 19-23, Team Test! She has an idea for making the 5 Day Pouch Test a family affair:

"Before you start the 5dpt you'll also want to look at the recipes for the week to choose which ones will work for you and possibly your family. This test is about YOU, but real life proves that cooking for the family happens, so by working your recipes into their diets for the week you'll have better luck with success."


Need more encouragement? Read Rachael's topic, "I Am Celebrating Big Time, I am in control." She's lost 30 pounds in 60 days! No wonder she is celebrating!

Remember, LivingAfterWLs is never about perfection, it is about doing our best on any given day. Hope you do your best today! And remember you are never alone; come visit us in the Neighborhood.

CHEERS!
Kaye

No comments: