LAWLS Bookstore

Monday, September 29, 2008

25-Years After WLS & the 5 Day Pouch Test

5 Day Pouch Test Website

One of the questions I often receive in emails: "Is it too late for me to do the 5 Day Pouch Test?" and usually it is from someone who is three to five years post-op weight loss surgery. Last week Stardust53 joined the LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood to do the 5DPT and she is 25-years post-op. She successfully completed the five days and here is what she had to say:

Last week was life changing for me! LIFE CHANGING!!! It became a week in my life that I will NEVER forget. Through the process of the 5DPT, I was able to dropped 5-lbs! But more important than that, I regained an awareness of my pouch once again! My plans are to now take time figuring out why I eat the way I do. I use protein shakes as my nutrition, they have never been used as a supplement. But I get the feeling that, that is not common. I see that most of you use protein shakes only as a supplement. My next venture in here is to figure that out.

So alrightie, on to this week! It is time for me to give back! One thing that was most helpful last week was the encouragement that came in from others who are solid members inside the neighborhood! Oh, how I appreciated each one of you coming in to see us throughout the entire 5-days! Your words cheering us on kept us going through the whole process. Thanks a bunch!

My thoughts are though I am done with the 5DPT, I want to stay on in here with those who desire to use this thread as they go through their own journey with the 5DPT. I want to emulate my cheerleaders and become another one who can be counted on to be back to see how it is going for others who are now going through this same process. Last week, during times that I felt my weakest, I'd pop back in here and someone would have a post written out encouraging us along. This became the backbone of support we all needed!

If I am not mistaken, I think I know of three who are in their middle of their 5DPT. This would be shauna, DEBS2, and Deez. If I have missed anyone, please let me know that you are here too. My intention is not to overlook you, but I was gone yesterday and I am trying to get back on the same page. For those of you who are going through their 5-days, be sure to come in and post every single day letting us know how you are doing and what you are eating. I will be watching for your post. I hope your day is going well. It all goes so fast, so stay strong!


Read the entire conversation

Learn more about the 5 Day Pouch Test

No comments: