LAWLS Bookstore

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Countdown to my 10-Year Arrivalversary

Hey Neighbors!!!

This coming Sunday, September 13, 2009, will mark my 10 year Arrivalversary!!! I am gobstruck that 10 years have come and gone. It seems like the 6 months prior to WLS lasted forever while I was in the waiting mode. And now 10 years of Living are behind me. And what a great 10 years they have been. I'm so grateful to be healthy and fit and more importantly that the LivingAfterWLS Project was born and raised during that time.

The big celebration of my Arrivalversary is the publication of my new book - Day 6: Beyond the 5 Day Pouch Test which will be out October 27th. (Shameless advertisement - you can reserve your copy here with our pre-publication sale. First 100 copies signed & numbered by me). Honestly - that should be enough of a celebration....

BUT -- I want to do something really big (not bungee jumping MOUJ) --- Any suggestions?

....
And here's what they came up with:

--From BeJean"Congrats!

I say get a tatoo, the LAWLS ribbons (logo) w/ "10 years" ."

--My Reply"OMG! Thank you, everyone. I just burst into tears reading this thread and I'm pretty sure it is down home sentimentality, not the hormones talking! I've wanted a tattoo for years but never thought of anything that "fits" --- but the LAWLS ribbon rainbow! Perfect. Thanks Jeanie for the suggestion. Jim is getting his first tat next month (grandson Mason designed it for him) and I think I'll go along for some ink of my own. Perhaps on the ankle? Ribbon Rainbow with "You Have Arrived" seems perfect!!! (Does it hurt to get inked?)"

So what do my dear blogger friends think??

No comments: