LAWLS Bookstore

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Happy Anniversary Neighborhood!

My how time does fly! This month (March 10th to be exact) marks the 4th Anniversary of the LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood! Many of our Neighborhoods had not yet "Arrived" back in 2006 when the Neighborhood was born! And here we are today celebrating together in the common quest for health, wellness, friendship, knowledge and stewardship all sharing the common connection of weight loss surgery. The Neighborhood is billed a "Safe Haven Circle of Friends" and from behind the scenes we actively work to protect our community from invasion by hackers, spammers and those with malicious intent to harm or destroy our borders. More importantly, from the front side of the Neighborhood our steadfast citizens protect one another in a self-ordained Neighborhood Watch where Neighbor protects Neighbor and compassion is served-up kindly and regularly. It is often expressed that there is no other place like The Neighborhood on the Internet. And that, my dear friends, is because of the Neighbors, each and every one of you. I am so humbled an honored that many of you have made this your destination and your home in your weight loss surgery journey. When we first opened the community gates to the Neighborhood in 2006 I was skeptical at best and told my advisers I would try it for a year but doubted it would take hold. Now, four years later, I cannot imagine my weight loss surgery experience without the Neighborhood and without each and every one of you. Thank you for being here.

Please join me in a big cyber round of party0002.gif applause party0002.gif for the NEIGHBORS! Anyone can put-up an online community, but the community is only as good as the members it serves. And that is what makes the LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood a true safe haven circle of friends.

Cheers to you my good Neighbors!!

Come join us - Be Our Neighbor

No comments: