LAWLS Bookstore

Monday, July 19, 2010

5 Day Pouch Test: A Thoughtful Review

Hello Neighbors - It's Monday! A new week, a new day. Many of you may be starting the 5 Day Pouch Test today as a way to get back to basics with your weight loss surgery tool. We know from our years of dieting that we can be powerfully inspired by others who share our struggles. Last week I was motivated and inspired by one of our new Neighbors, Tiff. She shared daily reports of her 5 Day Pouch Test. I am particularly impressed with her thoughtful reflection during the 5DPT and what she learned about herself.

5 Day Pouch Test Owner's Manual

She writes, "Now in just 5 short days (today being my last) I've rediscovered a healthy (and very tasty) way to eat that will encourage weight loss. I have a plan to carry on with that includes daily exercise, a style of eating to follow and a community (this beautiful Neighborhood here online) that I can regularly participate in that will help me see the results of the 5dpt today and for many days to follow."

Like many of us who are familiar with moments of self-doubt, Tiff was sure she was the one that the 5 Day Pouch Test wouldn't work for. In fact, she was fairly certain more surgery was needed to "fix" her gastric pouch. She shared with us, ""I was hoping that this 5DPT would help me get centered again and focus in on my post op WLS lifestyle, yet I was skeptical that it would - I felt as though I'd be the one person that couldn't do it and would fail to see positive results. Not so!!! I have gained far more clarity and inspiration as well as education from this test and I am so very glad with the outcome."

If you are struggling with your weight loss surgery tool, maybe weight gain, or a lasting plateau do not be alone. Join us in the LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood. This is your safe haven community where we understand and empower one another, one day at a time. Join us: It's always a beautiful day in the Neighborhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you deal with the excess skin after weight loss?

http://the-day-it-ends.blogspot.com/