LAWLS Bookstore

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Comfortable Natural Relief for WLS Neighbors

Constipation? Weight loss plateau? We have the answer for safe gentle relief.
Traditional Herbal Teas

Message from Kaye:
I admit that I've never been much of a tea drinker: too fancy and too fussy for me it seems. But I am grateful to have found these herbal tea blends and include them in my diet frequently. Like many weight loss surgery patients I suffer from frequent digestive distress (constipation). Constipation is commonly associated with a high protein diet. In my search for relief I tried all manner of over the counter medicine only to find myself a bathroom-hostage suffering extreme cramping and loss of control. I'm sure many of you understand this plight. Along the way a bariatric nutritionist recommended laxative tea to me for more gentle relief. It Works! A warm cup of dilute tea before bed at night works gently without cramping or other unpleasant side effects of pharmaceutical constipation relief. A quick stop in the bathroom first thing in the morning and I'm good for the day.

I like to make a batch of weak tea with three tea bags seeping 8 cups in hot (not boiling) water for about 10 minutes. After it cools I refrigerate it in a tightly sealed glass container. A Mason jar works very well. For my nightly serving I heat a measured 1 cup of brewed tea gently in the microwave and add a teaspoon of honey. A squeeze of lemon is also nice. If you suffer from the constipation associated with weight loss surgery and have struggled to find relief I do hope you will try this tea. Each all natural formula provides digestive support in the ancient Chinese tradition.


LivingAfterWLS General Store

No comments: