LAWLS Bookstore

Monday, January 23, 2006

P.O.W.W.
One LAWLS Member's Strategy

I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for a new trick to keep me focused on living by the WLS rules so that I can stay healthy and at goal weight. One of our members, Rachael, recently sent me this trick she devised and it's terrific. Here's what she wrote:

"I am two and a half years out and still at my goal weight, and chugging along. I did gain back about 15 pounds, and then got right on the bandwagon again. I found my "cheating with an excuse" problem...PEANUT BUTTER. I did the whole, "but it is protein!" and before you knew it I was licken’ down at least 2-3 tablespoons a day. I quit that real quick and went back to no snacking and lean protein and veggies. I came up with this little bit for a reminder for myself:

P.O.W.W.

P- PROTEIN FIRST

O- OMIT SNACKING

W- WATER

W- WORK OUT!


It helps me out a lot! Every time I look at my plate to eat, or when I have a craving. Its not a "cure-all" but neither is this surgery right?!"

Thanks Rachael for sharing.

No comments: