LAWLS Bookstore

Thursday, November 12, 2009

a bit under the weather

hey Neighbors -- I'm not ignoring the Neighborhood, emails or PMs. I'm just feeling pretty lousy and hanging-out like a lump on the couch. I think I have food-borne illness since eating a deli lunch of questionable freshness yesterday. Jim thinks the stress of the last few weeks has whipped-a** on my little body and I just need to chill-out and rest. HA! I'm sipping copious amounts of Emergen-C and resting best I can. I really need to get feeling better soon. KeepHerKitty is home with me, not feeling so chipper herself:



In good news:

Our new little booklet "Know Your Numbers" is now in stock at the LivingAfterWLS Store -- Such a cool tool, go here:

Exciting Personal News: I learned this week I get to be the custodian of my beloved grandmother Florine's dining room set. My grandmother was a goddess of entertaining, including a stint in Washington DC hostessing political powerhouses and a lifetime of grandly hosting her cherished family. I am wigged-out excited for this because of the history of this family heirloom, but also because we gave our dining set to our son last year and have not replaced it! This year we can eat Thanksgiving at the family table. (Last year we ate off paper plates sitting on crates of 5DPT books!).

Speaking of Grandma Florine, for years she hosted Gingerbread House party for oodles of aunts, uncles, cousins, and kin. Grand family tradition. Grandma passed in April 2007 and the following holiday season I honored her by replicating her childhood home in Gingerbread:



This year I will honor the LivingAfterWLS Neighbors by making & donating on your behalf a Gingerbread House to our local Relay for Life Festival of Trees. I want to include our rainbow and penguins --- any other suggestions? If you've heard me speak about the Emperor Penguins you understand the connection.

The Gingerbread House featured above is still presentable -- I preserved it and I can hardly wait to make it the centerpiece on my Grandma's table... I think she would be pleased.

Ok -- time for more rest.


Please share your ideas for our LivingAfterWLS Gingerbread House. What do you think about skinny snowmen? LOL!

No comments: