LAWLS Bookstore

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Southwestern Chicken Soup - 5 Ingredients; Tons of flavor

Kimmie Gee posted this recipe in the LivingAfterWLS Community Kitchen and it is a goody! Only five ingredients but tons of flavor. And the easy method is quick and perfect for a weeknight supper. I have leftover chicken we roasted in the Weber kettle grill that will be very happy to swim in this soup! Now I'm getting very hungry! Please add your favorite WLS friendly recipe to our growing collection in the LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood.

A friend shared this soup with me and I think it's a great warm up for this time of year, and very friendly for wls folks!! If you try it, drop me a line and let me know how it turned out.

Five Simple Ingredients:
Chicken, cooked & shredded or chunked (I used 12.5oz Trader Joe's canned chunk chicken breast, but rotisserie would be fabulous)
Salsa Verde (I used 16oz jar Herdez)
White Cannellini Beans, drained & rinsed (I used 15.5oz Bush's)
Chicken Broth (I used 16oz Kitchen's Best Chicken Stock)
Couple dashes of Southwest Seasoning (optional, but I do use it)

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, warm through and enjoy. That's it!
As written, this recipe yields (about) six-1cup servings at (approximately) 164 calories & 18 grams of protein per serving.

I add a dollop of sour cream, which (obviously) affects these totals, but I like the creaminess it provides!!

No comments: