LAWLS Bookstore

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Lifetime Weight Control

Published today in the You Have Arrived Newsletter.

This is the bullet list of guidelines provided by my center. Again, I realize they may differ from other programs and present them here as an example of one center's counsel for LIFETIME weight control. I know personally that when I follow these rules I feel terrific, my weight is stable and I feel confident and proud of my tool ownership.

Chose foods high in protein, moderate in carbohydrates and low to moderate in fat
Eat slowly in a relaxed setting. Chew all food well.
Eat no more than three small meals per day. The first 1/2 of each meal is protein.
Stop eating when you first notice the sensation of fullness!
Do not snack. A snack is any food consumed between meals or eaten in a hurried fashion.
Drink at least 64 ounces (2 quarts) of water every day.
Do not drink liquids 30 to 60 minutes before or after meals.
Avoid/limit sugar. Sugar will only sabotage your success.
Avoid/limit milk and milk products. Think of milk as a liquid form of sugar.
Avoid greasy, spicy and fast foods.
Avoid carbonated beverages and alcohol.
Take the nutritional supplements as prescribed.
Exercise for 20 minutes, aerobically, every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the "no milk/milk products" thing. I mix my protien powder with skim milk every day. Why is this a bad thing? I have tried protien powders that you mix with water and they are just awful.