LAWLS Bookstore

Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Independence Day Weekend
Message From Kaye

Hello everyone and Happy Independence Day Weekend. I’m sending out warm wishes for a safe and happy holiday celebration. If you missed the special edition of our newsletter “You Have Arrived – Independence Day Special” drop me an email kayebailey@livingafterwls.com and I’ll send it to you. There are three great menus with WLS friendly recipes for holiday celebration.

Normally our monthly edition of the newsletter would be published today. However with the holiday weekend at hand I’ve delayed publishing until Tuesday July 5. The edition features my essay “Our Daily Bread” and introduces a new contributor to the site – I can’t wait for you to meet him!

To my loyal readers I express heartfelt gratitude for being with me the last few months. The site experienced and unprecedented surge in growth that has left me awed and humbled. Take a look at the numbers:

Site traffic grew 263% in June over May
Subscriber list grew 470% in June over May
Reader comment increased 86% in June over May

Wow. Thank you so much for the support and vote of confidence. I look forward to seeing the site grow into a full-fledged support community. The feedback and encouragement from you has been so rewarding. There are so many people with inspiring stories, common struggles and a strong desire to be living after WLS. Thank you for finding this site and encouraging and inspiring me.

Some of the topics discussed in June hit home with so many of us. Snacking and weight regain are two topics we discussed, and we will continue to discuss because they present such challenge and frustration to us. A special edition of “You Have Arrived – Sensible Snack Solutions” is scheduled for publication the week of July 13. This is an essential topic to us that it warrants it’s own newsletter – I look forward to presenting it to you.

Thanks again for the support and kindness. Have a safe, healthy and happy holiday weekend. I’ll return to regular daily posting on Tuesday, July 5th.

Best Wishes,
Kaye

No comments: