LAWLS Bookstore

Monday, July 18, 2005

Play by the WLS Rules & Live Well

For the last 7 weeks I’ve been playing by the WLS rules: Eat Protein First, No Snacking, Lots of Water and Exercise. I set out to do this, in part, because of the pressure I feel as author of this website to be a good example for my readers. The other reason was the scale – the number was going up and I needed to get control of that. Some remarkable things happened during this time:

I did not experience a single dumping or vomiting episode.

I never even suffered from dizziness or feeling “off”.

I found that my food intake decreased, as if my little pouch was tightening up slightly.

I lost 4 pounds and am right back in my “safe weight zone”.

My energy level has been fresh and constant – no highs or lows.

I’ve been able to sleep well and wake refreshed.

My clothes fit better and I feel better in them.

What do you think about that? I’m pretty pleased with myself for being able to return to a more steady healthier lifestyle. Frankly, it just wasn’t that hard to follow the rules. In fact it felt liberating to follow the rules and not live in fear of the unpleasant consequences of poor food choices. Now, I’m not saying I did perfectly – I did snack on the protein bars like our contributor Kim has suggested and I missed some exercise sessions here and there. But for the most part I was committed to doing right and enjoying myself in the process.

I think I’m going to keep playing by the rules and live well after WLS!

How about you?

No comments: