LAWLS Bookstore

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Community Milestone: 700 And Counting!

Good morning everyone!

I am so excited to tell you we’ve exceeded 700 subscribers here at the LivingAfterWLS community. This is a big deal because on June 1, just 4 months ago, we had only 51 subscribers. Turns out there our lots of us out there looking for support and community in this long-term living after weight loss surgery. Thanks to reader interest I am actively pursing the online private forums and other growth opportunities to improve this website and our ability for community interaction. Thank you so much for the continued interest as this site grows.

If you have a moment, please complete the Reader Survey as this is part of the data collection process in order to present a need to our sponsors for improved site features. It only takes a minute and your feedback is valuable.

For those who haven’t subscribed yet please join the fun. The quick form adds you to the list for our free exclusive monthly newsletter “You Have Arrived”. The next issue will be delivered Monday, October 3. The topic is a good one, all about living day-to-day in the exact same world that made us fat. What to eat at the movies, how to decline the food pushers, coping when sickness (dumping/vomiting) strikes at bad times, and interacting with the “normal” tummies. I think you will enjoy!

Yesterday a new subscriber wrote, “It seems to me that there are numerous web sites geared toward pre-op and newly post-op WLS patients - so nice to finally find one that recognizes that I may still need some help and support even after being over a year post-op. Thank you!”

Again, please accept my heartfelt appreciation to all of you for being here, for sending comments and emails in support of this project. It is so reassuring to know that I’m not the only one struggling to stay on track long-term after WLS. For a long time I thought I was all alone in life after WLS, but that’s not true. We are all in this together. With compassionate understanding community support we can all do a little better each day. Thank you all for being there for me.


Best Wishes,
Kaye

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Kaye!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kaye for this site. Will you be sure to have a forum for families of WLS because this site has been so helpful with me and my mom.

Tks again,
Rose Green

Unknown said...

Kaye,
Hooray for all of us. We owe you so much for taking the time to make sure we have a place to come to. I can't weight for the forums. The family area will be good too.