LAWLS Bookstore

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Fit Is It Update

This is how I looked at life last week - I wanted to sleep by the fireplace rather than exercise. sigh.


Life is rough...
Originally uploaded by dreamline.

Email Me the Fit Is It Challenge

Fit Is It Update

Well the time has come I have to confess I did poorly last week on the Fit Is It challenge. I've been procrastinating this post because I feel a stewardship to set an example and yet I spent last week making excuses. Not feeling well. Drop-in company. Superbowl Sunday. When all was said and done I had 110 minutes of exercise. That's 130 minutes short of my personal goal for 240 minutes each week.

Yesterday I received an email from one of my favorite LivingAfterWLS friends - Corgimom. The eye-opening quote she sent me is now front page in my Inspiration Book:

"Though no one can go back & make a brand new start, anyone can start from now & make a brand-new ending."



I'm committed to making a brand-new ending and I appreciate the inspiration from Corgimom. She will be 1-year post-op on March 1st and has done a remarkable job with her weight loss and personal development. I wish her tons of continued success and look forward to each email she sends.

I've become acquainted with another of our LAWLS neighbors - her name is Felicia and she is spirited and inspiring. She found our website one night when she was surfing the web and frustrated with her personal management of the WLS. She wrote, "Thanks for being there in the middle of the night when I needed to relate and be empathized with. I am grateful."

She completed here LivingAfterWLS Personal Self-Assessment Worksheet and took seriously the contract she made with herself. And I do mean seriously. Here's what she wrote on Tuesday:

"There IS light at the end of the tunnel!! Did I work out today you ask???? DID I EVER!!! I reply... Today, another good no great day! I did spinning for an hour (hated every second of it! but finished it like a champ) And I went back later in the day and took the belly dancing class.... Thank you very much... (my Elvis impersonation)!" Isn't she great!

And then she tossed the challenge back to me, "I hope you have a fantastic work out, I'll pretend that we are running, jogging, walking or whatever it is that you do at the gym... in unison... as a team..."

I take Felicia's challenge and hope you will to. We CAN succeed with our WLS, we just need to do it in unison... as a team...

So here's to a better week and a new start at making a brand-new ending!!!

Thanks everyone for the inspiration.

No comments: