LAWLS Bookstore

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Margo Is Improving

Hello Everyone – We have good news from Margo, our community member who suffered the gastrogastric fistula about a month after her WLS surgery. Her TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) and PICC (Percutaneously Inserted Central Catheter) lines have been removed and she is now able to drink protein shakes.

She suffered yet another setback last Tuesday when her temperature spiked and she had to return to the hospital. She said, “After five hours in the ER I finally got a bed, they filled me full of super antibiotics, gave me lots if IV fluids (I was dehydrated yet again because of the sweating) and sent me home that afternoon. Since then I am doing okay, concentrating on getting my protein drink and liquids in, and trying to recover from the totally wiped out feeling I get after each hospitalization, no matter how short.”

True to her spirit of survival Margo said, “The other day our therapist asked me if I was sorry I had done the WLS, and I looked at her as if she had two heads. Of course not! I'd do it again, even knowing what was ahead. And so I am plowing ahead, planning to crawl back to my personal trainer next week, struggling to do laundry, trying to get out of the house each day, working very hard not to look skyward for the next shoe to drop on my head!”

I know you will join me with continued prayers and warm wishes for Margo as she moves bravely forward. I am particularly appreciative of her for sharing this side of WLS as we all need to remember it is not always a bed of roses.

Link to previous posts about Margo:

9/13/05 - - Gastrogastric Fistula

10/1/05 - - Margo Still Needs Our Prayers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much luck and best wishes for healing and strength, Margo.