LAWLS Bookstore

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Monday Message from Kaye

Hello Everyone!

Warm Wishes


I hope you are doing well and LivingAfterWLS! We have eight community members “Arriving” this week – please send warm thoughts to Karen, Cherri, LisaMarie, Sandi, Melanie, Violet, Diane and Tawala: each will have WLS this week.

We welcomed over 120 new site subscribers since last Monday – so glad to have you here. As the LivingAfterWLS community continues to grow, I am continuing to work for better online features so we can interact as a community and work together for long-term living after weight loss surgery.

Special You Have Arrived: Fall Foods


Coming Monday – a special issue “You Have Arrived” all about fall foods and incorporating them in the LivingAfterWLS lifestyle – 12 great recipes! “You Have Arrived” is exclusive to subscribers only. In this special issue read an essay on the guilt-comfort connection. Are you guilty of loving food? Find out what Kaye has to write about this! Subscribe today.

Update: Kelly McCamey


Do you remember our community member Kelly McCamey? She elected to give conventional dieting one last try before having weight loss surgery, and she is doing fabulous! On Friday she wrote to me, “I can report to you today that I have lost a total of 42 pounds. I am still going strong, working out to "Walk away the pounds" 5 times a week, and I can finally tell in my body! I am getting noticed for the first time - and just feel wonderful.” Kelly is a wonderful example of someone giving it one last try before having weight loss surgery. I know the LivingAfterWLS joins me in wishing her tremendous success as she strives for a healthier life.

Quarterly Personal Self-Assessment


How are you doing with the first ever "LivingAfterWLS Quarterly Personal Self-Assessment" worksheet? We emailed this exclusive tool last Sunday to our subscriber list. This is a new tool devised to bring accountability and path-forward action to our lives LivingAfterWLS. I hope you find it an effective resource in making the most of your WLS. I know I’m looking forward to a clear path forward in meeting my WLS goals.

Subscription Form

Last Call! Future Topic: Sex, Obesity & WLS


In the recent reader survey a great and oft-ignored topic was addressed by one of our readers. In answer to the question what topics would you like to see at LAWLS she responded, "Do I dare say "sex"? One of my personal points is that weight gain has altered the physical relationship with my husband. He swears it isn't because I'm heavier, but face it, stuff doesn't fit together quite as efficiently as it did when we were both leaner. The reality is, if having the surgery doesn't improve intimacy with my husband, will it lead to more separation? What have WLS post-ops come to learn about this part of their lives? Did feeling better about yourself make you receive so much attention as to be flirting or tempted to? I hear of some marriages failing because of jealousy by the husband after his wife becomes more appealing to others."

This is a great topic I am excited to address, but I need your input. Please drop me an email me with your experience. Your privacy will be protected. Write to me!

Have a great week everybody! Thanks for joining me here at LivingAfterWLS!

Kaye

No comments: