LAWLS Bookstore

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Is it too late for me to do the 5DPT?

One of our LivingAfterWLS Friends asked, Is it too late for me to do the 5DPT? Maybe you are asking yourself the same thing. Here is the standard answer from our 5DPT Bulletin and a link to another helpful article. I hope you find it helpful. Have a fine healthy day everyone!
"Question: I had surgery X-many years ago. Is it to late for me to do the 5DPT?

Answer: Only you can answer this question. I know of people who had bariatric surgery back in the 1980's --when the procedure was a simple staple line down the stomach-- who have successfully done the 5DPT. Many times when people ask me if it is too late to do the 5DPT it is out of fear: fear they will learn their pouch no longer works or fear they will learn the pouch does work. The simple back to basics 5DPT will not cause you harm and it is only 5 days of your life. So it is up to you to decide if it is too late."


No comments: